Reporting to the Master Acrobatic/Lead Artistic, the Gentil Circassien (Levels 1 & 2) are required to:
- Instruct and oversees Club Med guests (Gentils Membres or GM’s) acrobatic and artistic circus activities (“CREACTIVITIES”) that he is assigned to, in accordance to the Operation and Training Manuals
- Ensure the safety and management of risks (e.g. acrobatic/artistic content, use of equipment, movement techniques, …) for the activity under his responsibility
- Support and Participate in a Weekly Kid’s Circus Show, and “Moments” throughout the village
- Under the guidance of the Master and Lead Artistic, help and support the new GC’s (advancement determined by Master’s end of year evaluation)
“CREACTIVITIES” - GM and/or Group Interactions
- Lead by demonstrating the qualities and standards of actions expected from every GC
- Put GM at the heart of everything.
- Instruct participants on all aspects of the activity under his supervision, such as the artistic/acrobatic content, warm ups, physical conditioning, workload, training schedule, rotation, etc.
- Through teaching/daily interactions adopt an attitude and behavior favoring the inclusion of the GM to the activity.
- Welcome & teach participants (GM’s) of all levels from all nationalities, adults and children
- Support each participant’s individual learning progression while remaining positive and motivating.
- Be serious in content while relaxed in style. The GMs want an amazing experience not train as professionals;
- Bring personality, experience, passion and originality while respecting the values of Cirque Du Soleil & Club Med
- Assess and develop a pedagogical progression adapted to the needs and levels of participants;
- Propose improvement regarding the acrobatic/artistic aspect of activities and ensure the application of CDS & Club Med’s teaching methods.
- Be involved and participate in the life of the village
Development of the GC’s
- Accept the diversity of capabilities of each GC in remaining positive and motivating.
- Adopt an attitude and behavior favoring the inclusion of all GCs by sharing knowledge and expertise in your specialty discipline.
- Help develop the abilities of new GC’s (Level 1) to run the “CREACTIVITIES” in a manner that is conducive to a fun learning environment.
Kid’s Circus Show and “Moments”
- Under the guidance of the Lead Artistic and Master Acrobatics, assist in the development and support of the Weekly Kids’ Circus Show
- Participate in the creation and performance of “Moments” throughout the village
- Participate in a “Moment under the Stars” (name TBD) at the CREACTIVE Park highlighting the new activities, GC’s in training, and guests that have been participating throughout the week.
- Participate in GO Theme Shows as designated by the Master Acrobatics and/or Lead Artistic
Safety and management
- Participate in the analysis and elaboration of measures and recommendations to manage risks associated with the activity under his responsibility;
- Participate to the overview of equipment in order to assure safety for participants;
- Adhere to and comply with Club Med and Cirque du Soleil safety standards for all circus activities, “Moments” and shows
- Should incidents or accidents occur, participate to the production of the written analysis;
- Contribute to the weekly reports as requested
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.