Reporting to the Master Acrobatic/Lead Artistic, the Gentil Circassien (Levels 1 & 2) are required to:
- Instruct and oversees Club Med guests (Gentils Membres or GM’s) acrobatic and artistic circus activities (“CREACTIVITIES”) that he is assigned to, in accordance to the Operation and Training Manuals
- Ensure the safety and management of risks (e.g. acrobatic/artistic content, use of equipment, movement techniques, …) for the activity under his responsibility
- Support and Participate in a Weekly Kid’s Circus Show, and “Moments” throughout the village
- Under the guidance of the Master and Lead Artistic, help and support the new GC’s (advancement determined by Master’s end of year evaluation)
“CREACTIVITIES” - GM and/or Group Interactions
- Lead by demonstrating the qualities and standards of actions expected from every GC
- Put GM at the heart of everything.
- Instruct participants on all aspects of the activity under his supervision, such as the artistic/acrobatic content, warm ups, physical conditioning, workload, training schedule, rotation, etc.
- Through teaching/daily interactions adopt an attitude and behavior favoring the inclusion of the GM to the activity.
- Welcome & teach participants (GM’s) of all levels from all nationalities, adults and children
- Support each participant’s individual learning progression while remaining positive and motivating.
- Be serious in content while relaxed in style. The GMs want an amazing experience not train as professionals;
- Bring personality, experience, passion and originality while respecting the values of Cirque Du Soleil & Club Med
- Assess and develop a pedagogical progression adapted to the needs and levels of participants;
- Propose improvement regarding the acrobatic/artistic aspect of activities and ensure the application of CDS & Club Med’s teaching methods.
- Be involved and participate in the life of the village
Development of the GC’s
- Accept the diversity of capabilities of each GC in remaining positive and motivating.
- Adopt an attitude and behavior favoring the inclusion of all GCs by sharing knowledge and expertise in your specialty discipline.
- Help develop the abilities of new GC’s (Level 1) to run the “CREACTIVITIES” in a manner that is conducive to a fun learning environment.
Kid’s Circus Show and “Moments”
- Under the guidance of the Lead Artistic and Master Acrobatics, assist in the development and support of the Weekly Kids’ Circus Show
- Participate in the creation and performance of “Moments” throughout the village
- Participate in a “Moment under the Stars” (name TBD) at the CREACTIVE Park highlighting the new activities, GC’s in training, and guests that have been participating throughout the week.
- Participate in GO Theme Shows as designated by the Master Acrobatics and/or Lead Artistic
Safety and management
- Participate in the analysis and elaboration of measures and recommendations to manage risks associated with the activity under his responsibility;
- Participate to the overview of equipment in order to assure safety for participants;
- Adhere to and comply with Club Med and Cirque du Soleil safety standards for all circus activities, “Moments” and shows
- Should incidents or accidents occur, participate to the production of the written analysis;
- Contribute to the weekly reports as requested
- Welcome and teach circus activities to participants at all levels (adults and children)
- Prepare classes, both on safety and technique
- Evaluate pupil competence and elaborate educational program adapted to their level
- Animate various activities by organizing playful and educational sessions and suggest rewarding/competitive events
- Maintain material in good shape and ensure guest safety when utilizing props
- Participate in professional circus shows once or twice a week and come up with new setups and choreographies
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.