JOB OBJECTIVES – Sales professional responsible for handling prospective Meeting & Events clients from first inquiry whether directly from the client, through a Travel Agent or through other sources of lead generation.
- The Meetings & Events Sales Specialist will share responsibility within the department for the generation of sales to achieve the department budgets.
- Responsible to verify and qualify potential leads. Negotiate rates, function space and amenities with client.
- Ability to effectively communicate and trouble shoot with meeting planners, corporate buyers, travel agents and direct clients to fulfill their individual travel and event needs.
- Communicate efficiently, effectively and professionally to clients, Business Development Managers and resort teams to ensure timely response to perspective clients.
- Generate incremental revenue by selling specialized packages and additional amenities in accordance with company standards.
- Responsible to prepare and present formal quotes to the client within 24 hours unless special circumstances exist.
- Follow-up on all quotes within department set guidelines to clarify any questions and makes attempt to close the sale.
- Maintain and document all sales activities, notes, and account information in Salesforce.
- Arrange group or buy out customer site inspections prior to contract, as well as tours and luncheons when the Business Development Manager is unavailable or when the need arises.