Business Development Manager
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
REPORTS TO: National Sales Director
JOB OBJECTIVES: Achieve sales goals as developed by headquarters by establishing relationships and business development plans with travel agencies to maximize Revenue (sales) with a key focus on cost of sale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating and maintaining account relationships with key industry partners, retail travel agencies and tourist boards in the assigned territory.
- Create a comprehensive business development plan including market analysis, sales strategies and marketing activities to raise awareness of Club Med resulting in increased sales within the assigned territory.
- Solicit group business through strong communication and effective interaction with clients to ensure their needs and expectations are paired correctly with Club Med product offering as well as business terms and conditions.
- Utilize sales and marketing materials to increase sales and maximize Club Med’s position in the market. Ensure that all information and promotional materials developed by travel partners follow Club Med brand guidelines.
- Coordinate and execute training and familiarization programs via webinars, educational symposiums, resort visitations, and pre-sale site inspections.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in trade shows and conferences within assigned territory.
- Participate in national trade shows as requested by Director.
- Participate in industry conferences within territory where travel agents are in attendance to enhance relationships and increase awareness.
- Review sales reports and vital sales territory information provided by Business Control to effectively manage territory.
- Provide detailed feedback to Marketing, Yield Management, Transportation, Groups, Pricing/Programming, Operations, and Call Centre on the competitive environment within the assigned territory.
- Manage and maintain a working budget that provides for communication and administrative functions like co-op advertising, FOC’s, travel and entertainment.
- Partner with the National Account management to ensure a synergistic approach to achieving company goals.
- Find new sales opportunities and distribution channels that are consistent with Club Med corporate objectives.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to develop and generate individual and group sales from travel partners.
- Capacity to provide all travel partners with excellent customer service to generate new business, secure repeat business and increase the volume of revenue generated by assigned territory year over year.
- Ability to work closely with the National Sales Director to provide business overview of key priorities, competitive information and business trends emerging from assigned territory. Individual is accountable for adherence to assigned territory budgets covering co-operative advertising, site visits and symposiums, FOCs and agent incentives, travel and entertainment.
- Ability to think creatively to develop innovative sales techniques as well as imaginative solutions to industry challenges and sales obstacles that are realistic and cost effective.
- Ability to bend and lift up to 30 lbs to pack and transport marketing collateral to travel agents, with reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time for presentations and provide walking tours for clients, with reasonable accommodation.
- Availability to travel extensively.
Due to high interaction with client base, costs and accessibility to travel partners, position is based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn reservation systems and e-commerce channels.
- Basic level knowledge of Microsoft Office to include intermediate-level skills with Outlook, Word, and advanced PowerPoint.
- Ability to initiate annual sales & marketing plans and group sales agreements using solid negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written command of French & English, sufficient to support travel partners with questions/issues as well as to effectively diffuse situations whenever necessary.
- Results-oriented and strong decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting company objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, foster trust and cooperation among team members as well as customers.
- Detail-oriented with ability manage pressures of a demanding customer base.
- Self-management and organizational skills to handle home-based role with goal/target-based compensation.
- Customer-centric skills to foster and maintain business relationships and drive results.
Equal Opportunity Employer