REPORTS TO: Manager Meetings & Events By Club Med
JOB OBJECTIVES – Support achievement of M&E goals by working with incentive houses, meeting planners, brokers and corporate direct clients to develop relationships and awareness which maximize productivity and sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute strategic plans as initiated by Manager; with focus on generating new business from incentive houses, meeting planners and corporate directs. Raise awareness of Club Med and how our global resort products and services fulfill the requirements of the meeting and incentive travel market place.
- Solicit group business through strong communication and effective interaction with clients to ensure their program needs and expectations are paired correctly with Club Med product offering as well as business terms and conditions.
- Coordinate and execute training and familiarization programs for incentive houses, meeting planners and corporate direct clients (via webinars, symposiums, resort visitations, pre-sale site inspections and training)
- Perform competitive landscape analysis and research of meeting and incentive opportunities in an effort to maximize Club Med’s position in the market place.
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in trade shows and conferences within assigned territory.
- Participate in national trade shows as requested by Manager.
- Participate in industry conferences and trade shows within territory where incentive travel buyers and meeting planners are in attendance - to enhance our relationships and increase awareness.
- Prepare sales presentations for training purposes (both internal and external) as well as competitive bidding situations for groups and resort buy outs.
- Drive behaviors through keen understanding of the different sales channels available within the meeting and incentive industry; identify what is needed to optimize Club Med’s relationship with key buyers.
- Develop group programs for incentives and meetings in coordination with Sales Specialist while taking special care in matching the needs to the group to Club Med’s product offerings.
- Work closely with the Group Sales team for those matters outside knowledge base or area of expertise or in situations where information is not readily available.
- Work closely with Group team to ensure a full understanding of quotes and contracts. Follow-up on all quotes in an effort to accelerate conversion rates.
- Maintain an e-mail distribution list of incentive travel buyers and meeting planners located in territory.
- Ensure all data is accurate; and promotional materials developed by incentive houses, meeting planners, corporate clients and resort buyout companies follows Club Med brand guidelines.
- Serve as the subject matter expert - available to answer questions from BDMs regarding incentive travel opportunities originating from retail travel agents located within their territories (consulting basis only).
- Use Club Med reports; read, analyze and interpret those reports and take any necessary action in accordance with results.